A half day Palermo tour
A revealing tour of the monuments that make Palermo the Baroque capital of western Sicily
The tour starts with a visit of the Church of Casa Professa. It's interior walls are entirely covered with colorful marble inlay from the 1600's. Then on to the Quattro Canti which is at old Palermo's exact center: the four corners of the buildings that form this octagonal square were decorated in 1617. Not far from here is Palazzo Mirto, witness to how the city's aristocracy used to live during and beyond the Baroque époque. All the original furniture and decorations are still perfectly preserved. The tour ends at the Oratorio del SS. Rosario and the Oratorio di Santa Cita. These two small churches are the local sculptor Giacomo Serpotta's masterpieces: all the interior walls are covered with beautiful stuccoes and statues from the end of the 1600's and early 1700's. Some of the paintings are marvelous and they include one by Anton Van Dyck.
Tour type: private tour from Palermo/Cefalù/ Trapani hotel
Chauffer- driven. On demand we can provide English speaking driver/ guide and/or licensed tour guide.
Time duration: 4 hours
Driving time: from Cefalù/ Trapani one hour
Meeting place: your selected hotel or accommodation
Tour cost: depends on the services requested(driver, English speaking driver, licensed tour guide, driver/guide). Please email us for a quote